How To Smoke Turkeys
Click Pic To See Large View
It's all here! Learn how to smoke turkeys
, turkey breasts, turkey legs, turkey thighs, and even turkey wings. Learn about brining turkeys, marinating turkeys, seasoning turkeys with dry rubs, trimming turkeys, and choosing the best turkey for your smoker or grill.
Learn to cook turkeys in electric smokers, gas grills, charcoal smokers and even in turkey fryers, both the deep fat fryers and the new oil-less infrared Big Easy turkey fryer.
How To Smoke Turkeys
Turkey Smoking Tips
- Tips and techniques that will make your turkey smokin' easier.
More Turkey Smoking Tips
- More tips and info for making the best smoked turkey possible.
Turkey Leftover Recipes
- A collection of recipes for using your leftover turkey...if there's any left!
Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey
- One of my recipes that I used for one Thanksgiving turkey I smoked.
Grill Smoked Turkey
- You can smoke turkey on a grill, too.
Smoked Wild Turkey
- Are you a turkey hunter? Try smoked wild turkey breasts. They are excellent!
Smoked Turkey Breast
- Smoking turkey breasts is an easier option to smoking the whole bird. Great if you're a white meat lover, or prefer the lower calorie, lower fat white meat for healthy eating.
Wet or Dry Turkey Rub
- This rub recipe can be used dry, or mixed with vegetable oil to use as a wet rub.
Turkey Brine Recipes
- A few of my favorite turkey brine recipes.
Making Turkey Brine
- Instructions for making turkey brine that works best. Boiling the salt water first makes it permeate into the turkey flesh more efficiently.
Super Smoked Turkey Legs
- Fun recipe for smoking turkey legs.
Bone In Turkey Breast
- Bone in turkey breasts tend to be more flavorful than boned breast meat. Bones=Added Flavor
Partial Smoking Turkey
- Is it safe to partially smoke a turkey to finish later?
- Tips for reheating a smoked turkey.
- Ever eat a smoked turkey sausage? Heat them gently for the bestest ever flavoriciousness.
- Smoked Turkey, the Turkey Smokin' Tutorial. This one explains the process start to finish, and makes use of a lower smoker temp for a deeper smoke flavor.
How to Fry Turkeys
- Step by step instructions that will teach you how to fry a great tasting, great looking turkey in a deep oil fryer.
Turkey Frying Safety
- Hot oil and flame are two ingredients of a recipe for disaster. Learn how to be safe when deep frying turkeys.
Char Broil Big Easy Fryer
- Char Broil's infrared turkey fryer works really well. This oil less turkey fryer saves you money, too.
Smoking Cut Up Turkey
- Benefits of smoking a turkey that's been cut up, opposed to smoking it whole.
How to Inject Turkey
- Injecting for flavor is a very useful tool in the turkey smoking arsenal.
- Brines, Marinades and Injecting. What about that?
Keeping Turkey Legs in Freezer
- What do you think? How long will turkey legs keep in the freezer? Your input is requested here.
Smoking Large Turkey Breast
- Larger turkey breasts in the smoker.
Water Smoker Turkey
- Should you use the water pan filled with water or flavorings?
Sweet Flavored Turkey Recipe
- If you prefer a sweet flavored smoked turkey, check this out.
Cooking Half of a Turkey
- Sometimes a whole turkey is just too much. Have the butcher cut your frozen turkey in half for just the right amount.
Electric Smoking Turkeys
- Will an electric smoker do a good job of turkey smokin'?
Oven Temp to Reheat Turkey
- How hot should your oven be when reheating a previously cooked turkey?
Reheating a Turkey
- More on reheating smoked turkeys.
Making Crispy Turkey Skin
- Crisp turkey skin is a real treat to some of us. How can it be achieved?
Turkey Leg Splinter Bones
- Why do turkey legs have so many of those little splinter bones? One reader's question, and it deserves a good answer.
Turkey Thigh Smoking Time
- How long to smoke turkey thighs for best quality.
To Brine, Or Not to Brine...
- Is it completely necessary to brine a turkey before smoking?
Smoking Turkey Weber Smoker
- The Weber Smoky Mountain Cooker is the best vertical charcoal water smoker around, in my honest opinion. See how it's used to make ultimate smoked turkeys.
Grilling Turkey Weber Kettle
- Weber Kettle grills, used with the indirect method of grilling, cook up some pretty awesome turkey too!
Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
- A tasty soup recipe using leftover smoked turkey tidbits.
Gas Grill Turkey
- Gas grills can be used with great success when it comes to turkeys.
Turkey Stock Recipe
- Use the bones and other bits of waste from your turkey to make excellent turkey stock for soup, turkey and noodles, or just a cup of turkey broth to sip on a cold winter day.
- Apple juice flavors turkeys nicely.
- A big sized appetizer, or an interesting main course. Try Turkey Wings.
Electric Smoker Turkey Recipe
- Electric smoker turkey smoking is one way to go.
- Turkey chili recipe...another good way to use leftover turkey.
Turkey Brining Containers
- The best thing to brine turkeys in is an insulated water cooler...the perfect shape and size. And it keeps turkeys cold!
Turkey Done Temperature
- When do you take that turkey out of the smoker or grill? If you go by internal temperature, you'll always have turkey at its best.
Return to Top of How to Smoke Turkeys